This Baked New York Style Vanilla and Oreo Cheesecake is incredibly simple, yet ridiculously decadent all at once and would go down a treat for any occasion. It was specially requested by my son for his 6th birthday, so obviously, I had to oblige!
It’s quite a large cheesecake and you should be able to serve at least twelve with it depending, of course, on how greedy you’re feeling! If you fancy a slightly different flavour, you could substitute the Oreo biscuits with 350g ginger biscuits instead and add the grated zest and juice of a lemon to the cheese mixture, instead of the vanilla essence.
However you choose to make it, I know you’ll be going back for seconds…
Baked New York Style Vanilla and Oreo Cheesecake
Makes 12 slices
For the base
- 425g Oreo biscuits (approx 2.5 packets)
- 60g butter – melted
For the filling
- 400g light soft cheese (I use Philadelphia Light)
- 250g Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp (approx 30g) plain flour
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, plus one extra yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml reduced fat soured cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Separate the two halves of the Oreo biscuits and discard the white filling.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until crushed.
- Add the melted butter and pulse again to mix.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into a 22cm springform tin and press down with a potato masher to compact.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Beat together the soft cheese, mascarpone, sugar, flour, vanilla essence, eggs, egg yolk and soured cream until light and well combined. I use an electric hand mixer for speed and ease.
- Pour the mixture over the base and return to the oven for approximately 40 minutes. When cooked the cheesecake will be set bit have a slight wobble in the centre.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Remove from the tin, chill in the fridge before serving, and enjoy!