A typical day for me usually consists of:
- 2 slices of toast (Weight Watchers Malted Danish) with Marmite – 4 ProPoints
- Costa Tall Skinny Latte – 2 ProPoints
- Fresh fruit salad – 0 Propoints
- Pre-packed Weight Watchers Chicken Fajita Wrap – 7 ProPoints
- Walkers French Fries Worcester Sauce flavour 19g bag – 2 ProPoints
- Diced melon, pineapple & grapes – 0 ProPoints
- Weight Watchers Caramel Mallow – 1 ProPoints
- Diet Coke – 0 ProPoints
- Spring lamb Casserole – 5 ProPoints
- Cadbury Crunchie – 5 ProPoints
- Sparkling Water – 0 ProPoints
But some of my days were far from typical! I’d indulged when the husband and I went out to celebrate our 11th anniversary and tucked into duck, followed by the most decadent Yorkshire Parkin and lemon curd ice cream dessert. Plus, I’d allowed myself not one, but two takeaways and I’d savoured every last bite!
I made sure I tracked everything through the Weight Watchers app on my phone, and I thought the very best I could hope for was to maintain my previous week’s weight. I was actually expecting to gain at least 1lb, if not more.
So, imagine my surprise when this happened…
I actually got on and off the scales a few times just to make sure, but no, my eyes did not deceive me, it really was a 1.5lb loss, taking my total loss to 8.5lbs.
I’ve got to tell you it feels great. I’m edging ever closer to breaking the 11st barrier that has eluded me for so long!
It seems relaxing is the key to weight loss for me. The less rigid I’ve been and the more I’ve trusted my instincts, the greater success I’ve had. Let’s hope it continues…
There are twenty BritMums bloggers taking part in the WeightWatchers Back 2 Best Challenge. You can follow their, and my, progress on Twitter using the hashtag #WWBack2Best.
As an incentive for more of us to take back the control and get Back 2 Best, WeightWatchers Online are offering access to the plan and WeightWatchers iPhone app for just £1. Simply go to http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/britmums and follow the instructions (terms and conditions apply).
Disclosure – WeightWatchers UK have provided me with a 6 months online membership and a hamper of goodies.