These super easy, decadent treats remind me of being a little girl, in my Grandma’s kitchen helping her flip the pancakes, and trying not to drop them on the floor, or stick them to the ceiling with over exuberant flipping!
My favourite topping is lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar, but since I’m trying to maintain my weight loss, this year it’ll be a sprinkling of sweetener instead.
Here’s a great recipe from Jenny Craig for fabulous pancakes…
It’s Flipping Brilliant!
Avoid flops on Pancake Day with our healthy recipe using lemon and sweetener. For a more decadent treat, you can add any of the suggested toppings – just ask your consultant how you can fit these in as a splurge.
Jenny Craig Pancakes
Makes 6 servings/pancakes
- 125g (4oz) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300mls (1/2 pint) skimmed or
- semi-skimmed (1% fat) milk
- Spray cooking oil
Reduced fat cream cheese
Prawns and mayonnaise
Cooked mushrooms melted in reduced fat cream cheese
Chopped fresh fruit or berries
Chopped apple, raisins, and ground cinnamon
Fruit with natural yoghurt
Lemon juice and sweetener
Jam, honey, marmalade, golden syrup, fruit puree
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Beat the egg and milk together, then slowly add to the flour.
- Stir the mixture until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray oil into a non-stick frying pan and heat. When the oil is very hot, add about 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) of the pancake mixture and shake the pan so that it spreads.
- Cook the pancake for 2 minutes until the underside is lightly browned, then flip or turn over and cook the other side for a minute or so.
- Keep the pancake warm in the oven while you cook the rest. You can stack them on top of the other as they are cooked.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post.